Dolly...I'm back!


I love Dolly Patton, her faith, compassion, and honesty.  Gotta love a lady who tells it like it is.  I read an article where she was quoted and loved it.  More on that in a moment.
  
I have fell off the radar for some time now.   A multitude of things have bombarded me from sickness to questioning myself.  My priorities have slipped.  Not to the girls, but to everyone else.  How do I find coexistence to (not with) others and my girls.  Being sick with sprained ankle, ears, allergies, severe allergic reactions, hormones, etc makes it harder to keep those priorities in check.  After hunkering down to figure out it all....I am…sorta.
I am letting myself off the hook.  I was so focused on trying to do what was "right" I lost something.  Guilt made me do it....then I remembered what I had lost, found, and lost again....me, again.  I lost the focus on myself due to guilt.  Many times we try to be it all, and in doing so put ourselves last....we can't and I forgot that.  I thought that by keeping my priorities straight with God, work, ball, and my girls I was doing what was right.  I left out the part of it that does matter and God loves, for he created us in his image…me! 

My health, mentally and physically has suffered.   With that, I couldn't keep up with all my priorities, so I focused on the girls.  I was still wrong.  I am a poster child for the adage, 'if you don't take care of yourself you can't take care of anyone else'. I am going to focus on my health again, resting when needed, eating right, exercising, up in the mornings for my time with the Lord, time with my girls, my husband, my family, my friends, and the rest (with help and prayers) will fall into place.

“I believe those scriptures and I believe that through God all things are possible. Christ strengthens me, I remember all those things and I use them. I lean on that,” Parton said. “I wake up every day and new dreams present themselves to me – new plans and new opportunities. I dream big, I work hard, and I’m sure there will be tons more things for me to do.”

Me too Dolly, me too!  
God Blesses!....If you’ve read this far you do too….can I get an amen?!  AMEN!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

mouse

strength