Momma

Turns out Momma has had a rough couple of nights and it's because she has infection and fluid on her lungs which is causing her to not get oxygen to her brain....thus she is REALLY LOOPY.  Their words at the hospital....Daddy says she's confused....I say she throws a mean elbow, kick, and slap....yeah I bout laid on her to get her to stop getting out of the bed.....but hey the wrestling match got me 10 min of her resting....yeah it was worth it.....
Momma’s id arm bracelet says she is 63 years old…kinda ironic in 4 months and one day I will be 36 years old, and I am once again in the hospital.   I am on the other side of the rail, listening to Momma be a patient that has no patience.  I found it extremely comical as I used the antibacterial foam on the wall.  Robert used it all of the time while I myself lay in the various beds.  Someday I am sure that studies will show it either ineffective or more disease causing than that of non-users, although just for the sake of “just in case” I used it and laughed.
She is seeing people and telling stories.  Conversations and gossip that I know some of its fact or fiction and some I don’t.  I listen intently and sometimes remind her of where she is and other times roll with it, denial is a lot of time easier.   Some of the news is current, and some is dialed into an old station, but all of it is funny.  The happy pills must be working…. on me.  My outlook stays pretty good considering the things I see and hear the things which have bothered Terry and Daddy, these things which scare us all.  The fear of permanency….the fears that the loss of the battle to get her back will not be won.  We fight to regain what we did not lose in the last battle, and the fear that more wars will be lost in the future….dwindling down to a diagnosis of genetic magnitude…Alzheimer’s.  We'll cross that bridge someday IF it's in God's plan.
Daddy finally let me stay…heck let me come to a hospital room for the first time is years…five to be exact, and yet again irony the last time Daddy was with me.  I love that God has a sense of humor.  He surely does when a woman who has shown limited will power the majority of my life, acts like a 3 year old child full of energy in an ironman competition.  I swear she’s faster than a turnstile in a subway.  Glory to God!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

mouse

strength