debate no opinion

So I try to avoid politics and opinionated issues....and as you are reading this you say YEAH RIGHT.  You know me...I open my mouth and an opinion flies out, confrontation does not bother me, and well...I try daily to "do better" and I am "better than what I was". I wasn't always like that things in life changed me as a teen, made me learn to stand up, and now I realize it was part of God's plan.  Medically I've seen things.  I have been a worker, watcher, caregiver, and patient.  I read about the healthcare reform, I hear how we overpay for services and products, the latest study says.....and you know what it ain't the first time we've read/heard this stuff....the issue...it affects us....that's right, we're getting older and wiser and it affects us, IT has become personal.
Take one of the "latest studies" I've been dealing with for over a year now....scans.  Studies have shown that we need to limit our exposure to scans because they can lead to cancers.  So since it's a standard I have a mammo and nothing else.  OK, yeah I'm five years out, my levels look a little screwy sometimes, but they return to normal.  I'm sure if I felt like I needed it I could pitch a fit and they'd scan me, but seriously...put it in perspective....Do you REALLY think a few more scans compared to what I've been through is gonna make that BIG of a difference?  Oh, but a few more may put you over the top.....really, then tell that to my care plan and my cumulative counts on the chemo I've taken...tell that to my kids....look them in the eyes and tell them that you would put your whole heart into the fact that you are 100% sure that I don't need a scan...yeah..thought so.
You see that is my whole point of this rant, I mean debate, I mean MY opinion.
Healthcare reform, and for that matter the majority of the political topics are "means to protect us, no to protect those who will not or cannot speak up for themselves".  It's called being an ADVOCATE.  If you spoke up and defended the rights of those around you and YOURSELF, and took your own healthcare in your own hands, SUCKED IT UP and didn't sit back listening to all of these people with their god complexes saying well they know what they're doing....YOU and ONLY YOU know what's best for YOU and YOUR own body, and that of those you care for.  God gave us a gut...use it.
You CANNOT sit back and let studies and doctors take your health where they want to...don't get me wrong I am alive because of God and many studies...I realize this, but no matter what if it doesn't feel right...don't stop!  There are tons of doctors for a reason....go to another one....oh but their supposed to be the best....yeah the best wanted to cut me open as if doing heart surgery and remove the tumor on top of my heart....hello?!  I had it throughout my body and it was a blood cancer...duh!  God complex...oh yeah....but you know what yall?!  We have a GOD who is mightier than all of this...one who loves us, cares for us, gave us our bodies and minds, and who has a plan.  LISTEN to him.  If God is telling you it ain't right...it ain't!
I'm done now....oh and no nothing happened to me, and nobody made me "ill"...just reading the news and thinking of those I love and how yall need to know I'm behind you.  I'm here if you need me....to  back you up anytime of the day.
God Blesses!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

mouse

strength