smart

Uncle Jerry says that we sure do have a lot fun all of the time when we tell him of our funny stories that happen during the day.  I stated that I didn't know that we had fun all of the time as much as we know how to laugh at ourselves.
Many times as a family we laugh at things others will get upset at.  A great example is that Ele and I were talkin last night and she began asking questions, which led to the talk.  Now when I say "the talk" I don't mean what you are thinkin, I mean that she began asking just how sick was I.  I believe with every cell in my body that when you are facing serious issues you should not hide them from your child.  When you hide them the child knows something is going on and is automatically scared because the issue has not been explained to them in terms that their maturity can handle.
We told the girls I had a boo-boo that you could not see....they were 2,5, and 6.  So last night Ele began asking questions, and at the age of 10, and a maturity that is wise for 10, I knew that she could handle the gravity of the situation we had been in.  She and I talked for sometime with her asking MANY questions.  I had to explain about the stages of cancer and that I was a stage 4., that I was Chemo resistant, and that a Miracle happened, because I was so diseased that I was supposed to have three phases of medium dose chemo and a double radiation, along with high-dose chemo and stem cell transplant.  Yet God performed a Miracle because at the first phase of medium chemo, which I was allergic too....the cancer was gone.
During this whole talk we had smiled and chuckled together, yet when I told her about the Miracle I began to cry.  You see....I realized something. I told her how the Miracle was that the tumor was gone, but more importantly I only had to have high dose chemo and transplant, and I did not have any radiation.  I looked at her crying and said, "Baby do you know what would have happened if that Miracle would not have happened?"
She looks at me and says, "Yeah, I'd have had to eat noodles for the rest of my life!"  I busted out laughing!  Then we just laughed together!  When I got myself back together and said, "Thank you for making me laugh...I needed that."  I went on to cry again and tell her that we were told that because of the location of the tumor if I had radiation my life expectancy would have been about 5 years.  This would have probably been my last Christmas on this earth....this spring will be five years.  I then told her that she should always be strong and confident for God loved her soo much and she was so special that God gave her a Miracle, and to never forget that.  I then asked her if she knew why I lived...she simply responded, "For us."

God Blesses....and MIRACLES HAPPEN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

mouse

strength