help by prayin

As many of you know a friend here at work was diagnosed with Cancer in April, after a trip to the ER for a migraine.  It is very wide-spread and aggressive, but they have been fighting it.
I have asked you to put Karen on your prayer list, and have tried to give you updates.
I just wanted to let you know that they are trying to accept that she is not doing well, and that their fight is wearing down.
We know that God performs miracles, we know that everything happens for a reason, and that MANY good loved ones and friends have went on to the promised land.  I have no doubt, but have to admit that I am hurting. Previously, Karen told me on the phone that when she was first diagnosed she thought,  I can beat this like you did, that I want to hear them tell me I am cured, like they did you.
I keep thinking of that, and reminding myself that it is the devil talking.  I have no say if I did...there would be no luminaria's at Relay, because everyone would be survivors.  God does miracles.  I KNOW THAT.  I look in the mirror and am reminded.  I didn't say, "Why me!"  I now do though....why did I live....yes, for my kids, but.....God knows....and today he reminded me, then I heard the update that Karen was not doing well.
PRAY for her PLEASE!

God Blesses!

On the way to the Dr today I was listening to a sermon by Charles Stanley.....it hit home for me...little did I know just how much a couple of hours later.  If you want to read the outline of the sermon you can at:  http://www.intouch.org/resources/sermon-outlines/content/topic/god_s_purpose_in_the_storm_sermon_outline
Part of it said:
As we go through storms, He's preparing us to be a blessing to others who go through similar difficulties.  We must come to the place where we can say "Not my will but Thy will be done."  When God breaks your heart He makes you useful but He also props open the door of your heart.  You become very sensitive to people around you who are hurting.  You don't even have to open the door when encounter one who is hurting…it automatically opens and you become a walking valuable vessel and tool in the hand of God. The deeper the valley, the darker the storm and the more intense the pain, the greater the preparation of your heart to be a blessing to other people."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

mouse

strength