battery

Like a battery we are all both positive and negative. It's human nature that we are affected by our environment. After I became sick I realized how much positivity played a part in my recovery. I did not want to be around negative people anymore, or at least limit their amount of time in my life. It's hard. We've all been that negative person at some time in our lives and we all continue to have those moments. Trying to be the positive influence on those negative individuals continuously is very draining. Not only physically and emotionally, but also spiritually. We still need to witness to them, but the kicker is that we need to accept that like all things, we have to give them up to God. We have to give up their worries and problems to God, let them go, and emotionally walk on. We can no more control their situation or life or worries or anything else in their problematic atmosphere....anymore than we can ours....only God can. Pray and you will find a way.
On another note....5 years wow! 5 years ago this afternoon we were told I had cancer. A journey that has brought us to today and the words, "You are cancer free"..."You are cured."....free....free....Cancer can consume, but I like to think that freedom and consuming can be so positive when put in relation to God. Cancer nor the devil can keep us down when we have Jesus in our hearts. Free from sin and cured from hell...puts it in perspective huh?
God Bless!

Comments

Stefanie said…
I just came upon your blog today by clicking the "Next" button at the top of Blogger from my blog. Very enlightening--and interesting that I found your blog right after posting the post I did on my blog today about Beliefs!
Stacie said…
I, too, came across your blog by clicking "Next." What a refreshing message! Congrats on winning your battle against cancer and I couldn't agree more that sometimes we need to unapologetically hold toxic people at arm's length and rid ourselves of negative energy and relationships if we want to heal and move forward. Thank you for that.

Popular posts from this blog

mouse

strength