REMEMBER

Somethings we forget not because they are unimportant, but we just blank out on them (Sorry Holly and Lucas! Happy late Birthdays!). Other things we remember whether we want to or not. They just pop into our heads, without regard to where we are or what we are doing.

Last night Robert said I missed you today. I asked why…he just shrugged and said the time of year. I nodded and said yeah. You see folks four years ago I was laying in a quarantined bed with the CDC looking at me because they couldn't figure out that they had given me hot flashes, but Robert didn't know if I was going to make it. He said that he never questioned my making it until he was in that hospital room. The only thing to comfort him…the Olympics. So you see this time of this year is a reminder to Robert of a lonely time in his life….mine well I've said it before…Feb 28th. Four years ago this Sunday was the roughest day of my life, the devil kept beating down my spirit ( I could barely walk and my body was beat down, but my mind was back) and one scripture I kept repeating over and over. It came from a Christian rap group when I was a preteen. Now you may think that I am remembering something that happened to me in the past….well I am, but the point of this blog is not to remind you of my cancer or the troubles we have endured, nor to remember the time of year and anniversaries of my transplant, but to make you remember, and to make me remember.

Not the hard times, but the times that the Lord was teaching me, preparing me, and leading me when I didn't even realize it. For you see that scripture well I learned it was approx 18 years before I truly needed it, and it took a lot of people then people in my family and church working together to allow me to go to that weekend. The weekend I learned the scripture to prepare me for the battle I would face 18 years later. Isn't it amazing that #1 God had a plan, #2 he used others to bless me at 12, #3 He used many of those same people to bless me again 18 years later. I fought a battle, but I was never alone. Do you think you can be that blessing for someone and allow God to work through you? I want you to know, and remember that you already have.

God Bless you! Oh and….the scripture I kept repeating….

Ephesians 6:10-18 (King James Version)

 10Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. 11Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. 13Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

mouse

strength