Handy Robert

Anyone who knows Robert and I know that I am the one in the relationship with the mechanical skills. I love to fix things and Robert struggles, although to his credit he has learned over the years, not to try and do something, just let me fix it and has learned to hand me the tools very well. In saying that one of the main skills my Daddy stressed was holding the flashlight the right way. Of course this was before the days of lights that stood on their own and had positionable necks so it could hold itself in just the right angle…the girls do a much better job than Robert…I believe it is because they are intimidated at this age not to move it and Robert just does it to irritate me. Kind of like I was the TV remote changing the channel or the volume for my Daddy long before the remote actually came out. Where am I going with this one…..well where am I going with this one right? The girls religiously watch Handy Manny on the TV EVERY school day while they eat breakfast. Robert comments EVERY morning on the episode or one of the characters. Kind of like how he can't stand Manny's nephew cause he needs his @$$ whopped…per Robert. Now considering I have watched a VERY small amount of these episodes compared to Robert, because I am rarely home during this time there is no telling what he says when I am NOT here. Just yesterday I was home to hear them call the Phillips Screwdriver Filipe…to which I exclaim…."Hey I get it! Filipe means Phillip in Spanish!" My husband is staring at me for FOREVER with his mouth hung open and cannot comment for minutes, until finally he says…."I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DIDN'T GET THAT." Well this morning Robert is commenting on how one of the tools is negative and needs to be thrown off the show when I exclaim, "You know as much as you watch that show you should be able to fix something by now!" ….and there was silence. I had shut him up….until Monday when the girls go back to school! I love my husband and the fact that he knows his limitations, and yes I love his sense of humor too!

God Bless!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

mouse

strength