said so

I grew up with my parents doing the "because I said so" ore "I am the parent, you are the child", so I vowed with my kids I wouldn't do that. I haven't. I have said, "You are not a Mommy or a Daddy." Last night Ele was upset at bedtime. I finally got out of her that she was scared I was going to leave. Then, after talking a while she said that she was scared I was going to die of cancer. It broke my heart. I explained that God performed a miracle and I had no more cancer. I kept saying that no matter what God takes care of us. I repeated it over and over, one time I said that he either heals us or we get to go to heaven. I explained that when I was her age I worried the same about my Daddy, without the cancer part being involved, he had said we can't worry about those things. I wanted to express to her that God takes care of us. She seemed to feel a lot better about all of it. I asked her if she was scared anymore and she said no. I asked her why she wasn't scared (wanting her to say because God takes care of us, so I would know she had gotten it), but she says, "because you said so"! Well, I guess you don't have to say it if it's always implied. Have a great day and weekend yall!

God Bless!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

mouse

strength