memories

We all have Christmas memories. I can't think of Christmas without thinking of our Granny. One of the most generous women you would have ever met. She always did stuff for others, and people were never considered strays. She thought of the blood family and the "outlaws" as the same. She cared and tought us that it was just what you were supposed to do. She was an amazing woman who loved Christmas and Easter because the family was together, with the most at Christmas. She was known in the family for her mashed potatoes, boiled custard, and sweet tea. She was always upfront and honest, and she loved us all. Christmas Eve is still called Christmas at Granny's even though we now gather at the fellowship hall at church. I know she is home now on Christmas, but I know she's watching now and saying no matter what she is proud of us all. Granny, to me, was one of the greatest representatives of the reason for the season, and the giving it entails. She gave us much....so many precious memories. In honor of a great woman, and for my family, I love you all....Merry Christmas.

God Bless!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

mouse

strength