Easter to me

I couldn'ty get logged in yesterday for some reason...sorry!
Easter is a time of family, fun and salvation. I was going to talk today about Jesus being crucified, and dying for our sins, how that must have been hard, but that he did it anyway for us....that we need to think more of ourselves than what we do, or it would be disrespecting him, that we need to not brutilize our own self esteem, just because someone may have said something, or did, about us or to us...so what? We are special...but instead...I want to post what I wrote the first time I got to go back to Church after my transplant. Easter Sunday, 2006. I always loved Easter, but this one, was very special.
Have a Happy Easter...and a Happy Day!
God Bless!

The Easter’s I Remember


I remember…Running downstairs to see the Easter Bunny’s goodies thru my eyes…now it is thru that of my children.

I remember…Looking out on the back porch on Easter morning and seeing a little baby rabbit waiting for me. My Grindad had left it to mine and my Parent’s surprise…now my daughter asks for a little rabbit…I told her to ask her Grandad.

I remember…The joy of a whole new outfit, but most importantly the matching purse, sitting stiff in the car, so as not to mess anything up…now I jump in the car with an eagle eye making sure no permanent damage gets done before we make it there, with my purse as an afterthought only substantial to carry wipes.

I remember…Sitting in Church on Sunday morning excited to be with my whole family. My Granny sitting with her corsage on her shoulder, surrounded by all of us…now I sit in Church surrounded by my family and look up seeing my Granny surrounded by flowers in heaven.

I remember…Knowing I was loved by my Church as I learned of the miracle of the Resurrection, and the security that went along with it…now I carry that security with me knowing that I am proof that when you have the security of your friends and family you can accomplish anything with Christ. I know I am loved by my Church, just by sitting here feeling blessed to be a part of all those who have gone before me, and still feeling them around me smiling on Easter morning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

mouse

strength