politics

OK...the political arena....yeah I'm gonna go there. You may believe that I'm all for Hillary Clinton, but I'm not gonna say I am. You ought to know me well enough to know that I'm not just gonna vote for someone because they are Rep or Dem, well the same goes for a woman. I believe in equality. Period. That is why I am writing this blog. I heard something today that disturbed me, not just concerned me, like some of the other things I have read, but quote for quote disturbed me.
Yesterday was MLK, Jr Day. While this time of year brings memories of Vanderbilt to my mind for me, it naturally brings to mind the Dr's dear wife. Coretta Scott King was buried while I was going thru transplant. It was on the TV's there, so we watched. I have respect for her life. I have always said that even though he was a womanizer I believed in MLK's message, but did not Malcom X's. In order to have equality we cannot be seperate.
I read on the news today that Obama made a comment which goes against my being (regardless of the religious beliefs that can be debated with him). Obama was quoted, while speaking about Bill Clinton as being dubbed "the first black president", as saying, "I would have to investigate more of Bill's dancing abilities and some of this other stuff before I accurately judge whether he was in fact a brother."
I ask you this....what if Hillary had said that? What if I stood before a group of people, say at TSU, and called MLK a brother? I will NOT EVER vote for someone regardless of skin color or sex if they are going to believe in equality as a double standard.
God Bless!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

mouse

strength