helping

Well, I did it again. I am on a trip in Toledo. Now keep in mind our car the beloved "Gooody" has automatic lights....can you see where this is going. I had to work late last night, and was trying to hurry in the building, I was under a very bright light, and where I parked, there was a lot of ice. Well while trying to hurr so "nobody would get me" I stumbled out of the car sliding on the ice and made it in the building (after trying another door that the key swipe was broke on). I was happy to be in my room...finally. This morning, I was leaving late, having tried to catch up on sleep, and hurried (again) to the car. The car was dead.
Yes...I had forgot to turn off the lights in my adventure. Now the comedy is just beginning...the car, which was the lowest model car I have ever had...A little Kia with 17,500 miles scratches, and a dimesize chip in the windshield...they had nothing else! A friend came and gave me a ride to work. Well I called to get them to take care of the Kia...roadside assistance...well that guy was pitiful! He was not any help. He wanted to get me a jump and said the car would be fine. I voiced my concern at the battery realiability since it was so cold....and he had the nerve to say, "Well mam, that's just not normal." Wrong thing bud! I replied with..."Do NOT tell me it's not normal. That is the wrong thing to say to me. Nothing in my life is normal!" Then he thinks I'm gonna go to the hotel and wait for them to get there. I said, "No. If you think you're gonna tell me it'll be 30 min and it's two hours, you're gonna have one hot little southern girl on your hands!"
...So then I call Enterprise, and they said that they would bring me a car I felt safe in, no questions asked. The young guy (although when he called first, he said I understand you are wanting to trade for a smaller car...I replied with, "What! How can I get any smaller? I just want one that works!) He ended up taking care of it very well...with the great help of the Breakfast lady at Hampton. You should have saw my face when at my work the old rental with the young guy pulled up with the breakfast lady driving the new one! She had even gave him the jumper cables to jump it off cause his wouldn't work! He then drove her back to work. Now talk about angels in disguise. See helping other people can make their day. And trust me when she drove up she was smiling!

God Bless!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

mouse

strength