preservation

In life we tend to either glory in the term "self preservation", using it for many excuses to do what we want, or we go the other extreme and ignore the saying because pride gets in the way. The more I've come to know the term "self preservation" the more I do resent it, but with no pride involved. I thought I knew it, used it, and come to embrace it, while in a previous life I was the "ignoring" extreme. Now I know that I don't like the term because I think it is used more, and therefore better describes the lazy human variety better than the hard working individuals, who need to learn to protect themselves. Sometimes God keeps telling us that people are not going to change, and therefore situations are not going to change, but we refuse to listen. God wants us, his children to love ourselves, but some of us are stubborn, and think that we can "concur all". I think a better term for those of us with this complex is "self determination". I like that one better. God has granted us the "determination" to succeed whether it is against, someone, something, or even just to live. Embrace your determination wherever it may lead you, but remember the "Glory be to God" part....that's where the determination beats out the preservation any and every day.

God Bless!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

mouse

strength